Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 65-66 UCA's were actually 67-70 arms. Also, the bolts that hold on the shafts were not tightened (good thing I checked) and were assembled incorrectly. The only difference was the center to center dimension for the mounting bolts. There are giving me the shafts. To install that is - ;^0

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did buy them from MU. The whole story:
No one in the country stocks them. I looked and waited for three weeks. The sales manager finally told me to come in and put down a deposit and the next set that they got in would be mine. I did. I was assembling the arms and mocked them up on the car and noticed the shaft was wrong.

I called MU and was told "bring them in and we will look at them" - like I couldn't tell that the C-to-C was an inch larger than needed. Took them in - "Yeah - they're wrong" - duh. They told me that they should have some more in two weeks. I told them that I wanted my parts in four days. They laughed and I repeated my demand.

The answer was "I'll be right back". I was later told that they were in stock and would be shipped to my house second day air.

I got back to work and called TCP to find out that they were out of stock and had planned on swapping shafts on my arms when mine arrived. Boy was I pissed. I called MU and told them not to ship out my arms after TCP agreed to ship me the shafts.

On my third trip to MU now, I asked the guy behind the counter where the screw up was and got a " I don't know".

Great service.

64 1/2 coupe built around April 30, 1964
was a 260 3-speed becoming a 5.0 5-speed.

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
When I bought my lowers several weeks ago they told me they are on backorder, blah, blah... you know the usual. Then when the guy comes out with the cart and all my other parts, the LCAs are there! Strange, but I'm not complaining /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

[email protected]
1967 351W Convertible
2000 Mustang GT
Please bring back last post to top!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts