Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any good pics of where you put all the seam sealer. Is it just on the undercarriage and engine bay. I found a nice pic on Casper 50's build thread.

I don't see that he did the front frame rails or any pics of the engine bay. Do you guys also seal the edge of the doors or rear quarter to the body? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,372 Posts
Everywhere it was done at the factory is on numerous pages in the Osborn Weld & Sealant Manual. For a modest fee you could have one from NPD in about 48 hours, and if you're working with an empty shell, bazinga! :)

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Another +1 for the Osbourne manuals. I‘ve got the whole set for my car and every one has been helpful. At first I didn’t get the weld and sealant book. I got it when I did the floors, trunk and interior and it’s now the one I’ve used the most. You could build the car using panels with that book.

·
Premium Member
6,372 Posts
Another +1 for the Osbourne manuals. At first I didn’t get the weld and sealant book. I got it when I did the floors, trunk and interior and it’s now the one I’ve used the most.
It was by far the one I used the most on my build too. Written on, checked off, tabbed, dog eared, creased, faded, and all grimed up. To answer your question, probably spilled cabernet sauvignon. (I'm all thumbs.) :cool:

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'll chime in for another vote for the Osbourne manuals. With those in hand, you'll see what was done at the factory. Without the manuals, you're just guessing and googling, which is slower and less certain. Totally worth the cost.

·
Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
3,280 Posts
Just a tip if you decide to get the manuals, get the printed copies. Those cheap digital versions on ebay are just the book scanned, and not done very well at all.

Reactions: Huntingky
1 - 6 of 6 Posts