Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm going to purchase a vehicle lift for my auto repair shop and i need to tap into the collective vmf expertise. i know some of you have lifts in your garages, but my shop has limited ceiling height so i'll probably put it outside. my mechanic would prefer a drive-on lift. which lift would stand up to the weather (i'm in arkansas so winters aren't too bad)? what is the best brand? where can i find the best price? any help would be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I really like the quality that Autolifters and Challenger lifts offered. I was going to go with one of those brands until I found out about http://www.meco-equipment.com/
They have the same quality lift for a more reasonable price. Though I don't think you could go wrong with any of the above brands.

James

·
Registered
182 Posts
3 words -- Rotary, Rotary, Rotary. I have a Rotary SP07A asymetric lift in my garage. I've worked on Rotary lifts that were used 7 days a week for 20+ years and never had any probs. Good support, too

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
When I was looking, I narrowed it down to Bend Pak, Rotary, Eagle and Superior. Mostly because I felt these manufacturers were all in the same ballpark with regards to price and quality. I purchased the Bend Pak BP-12 because it had the widest drive-on ramps (20") and if I didn't have that, I'm sure I would have already driven of the edge. I'm willing to bet there are others manufacturers out there in the same league, but they didn't come up at the time I was looking. Just make sure the one you buy includes S&H. At 2200 lbs it could add up. Most of the reputable manufacturers include that into their price. Good luck.

Lou

1 - 4 of 4 Posts