Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, been asked before by many, but putting out more feelers for finding an old 65 coupe I had about 13 years ago.

Sent a request into the CA DMV, got a list back with two other owners after me, both just names and dates. They did however, include the full VIN, which I didnt have prior so that was a plus. I think I tracked down the guy I sold it to on FB (very unique name), but no response back yet.

Basically I'm trying to put feelers out there in hopes someone comes across it, but I'm also curious where else to look aside from social media and forums. I dont know if the car even exists anymore, but still worth a shot.

VIN 5R07A2--055
Plate 5W--726
Originally believed to be Honey Gold
Was painted brown when I bought it
Rattle Canned White with Black Stripes in 2007 when I sold it
Had damaged front fender and door skin, and hole in floorpan behind pax seat
Last known location was San Diego.
Last known Sale was to a R. Johnson in April 2010.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Wishing you good luck on your search. I did this some years ago on a 54 Chevy custom I built. Sadly enough, I came up with a dead end after a year or two of searching records.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Wow.......I am surprised you got actual names. I recently was looking for a Bronco that I owned (I had the VIN), but the NC & SC DMV would not give me any info about names. Best of luck!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts