Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had success in tracking down their old cars, much less re-acquiring them? Or even thought of doing it?

Why I ask:
I took SWMBO to her first Mustang show this past weekend. She'd been giving me tons of grief throughout my car's restoration, but during the show, she REALLY got into it. Her parents owned a '67 convertible that they bought new for a number of years, and the show really brought back memories - especially since her father passed away last year. So I think, hmmmmmm? Maybe the car's still out there. Maybe, maybe, maybe...

I started the wild goose chase Monday, and I have some details already, but I thought I'd ask here.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Piece of cake. If you know which state the car went to call the DMV in that state and you will be able to pull up the past ten years of ownership on that car. If you have a copy of the title use the title number for the search. I can't guarantee that they will have records for the past ten years but most states do.

G

·
0 Posts
I dont know anything at all, but would there be any record by a tax form for that year, insurance records, bank statements, of course if it was under the table (how I got my stang) I guess its pretty moot..........

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Check with the local DMV to see if they can pull up a database of vehicles owned by her father. I'm willing to bet that if some law enforcement agency needed that kind of info they could get it. Be persistent, the dmv people may not want to bother but try to push them...

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Ray, Calling the PA DMV is one tack I'm planning to take tomorrow. I also have an attorney friend who may be able to do a Lexis-Nexis (sp) search for me. If anyone is interested, I'll keep them posted on this kind of process.
TM

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, it was bought new, I have contacted the only Ford dealer in the town where they bought it, but haven't gotten much response. I may be tempted to do somthing I saw on a "Law and Order" episode: using some pay-per-search internet company. That's a last resort, though.

Hey, if National Geographic can find the Afghanistan cover girl with just a photo and word of mouth in refugee camps......

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
I know the owner of my first mustang - a "c" fastback. He bought the car from the guy I begrudgingly sold it to (for college).

I've kidded him lots of times that he CANNOT sell the car without giving me right of first refusal.

You never forget your first love ! Dickson

1 - 8 of 8 Posts