Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a search feature for the forum? I can't seem to find one. Don't want to start a redundant thread if I don't have to. Sorry but I am fairly new here. Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dont know what device your using but on my phone its at the top says "search community". Look for the magnifying glass. Click it

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
Is there a search feature for the forum? I can't seem to find one. Don't want to start a redundant thread if I don't have to. Sorry but I am fairly new here. Thanks.
I'm on my MacBook and this is located in the header....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Up in the header, all I need to do is to type the question in the same darkend box that has "Search Community" within it, and then hit the magnifying glass. A good tool to find a host of worthwhile comments.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I haven't used the search function very often on this forum, but on some others the built-in search function does not work very well. When using Google, Yahoo, Duck Duck Go, etc. you can use a syntax like this:

[search keywords] site:vintage-mustang.com

Note that there is no space between the colon after the word 'site' and the first letter of the website URL.

This is "standard' search engine stuff all the ones I've used follow this syntax.

Harry Z

·
Administrator
1,169 Posts
How To Search The Site

Near the top of the community, you will see a search bar.

Enter a search term or phrase and click enter on your keyboard or click the magnifying glass.

Advanced Search

To narrow down search results, click on “Advanced Search” after clicking the search bar.

This will allow you to choose to search titles only, add the member username who posted it or even select a specific forum to search from.

Enter your search criteria and click “Search “ at the bottom.

You can also access advanced search by clicking the 3 vertical dots near the upper right-hand corner of the site and selecting “Advanced “Search”

Search Specific Forum

If you want to search a specific section, navigate to the forum section before entering your search term in the search bar and then select the option.

Search Specific Discussion Thread

If you want to search a specific discussion thread, navigate to it before entering your search term in the search bar and then select the option.

- Cricket

1 - 8 of 8 Posts