Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WGI ,weather was a bit brisk(as it usually is up on that hill) in the morning but by afternoon wasn't bad.
The course while easy enough to navigate it was blessed with several "speed bumps" if you will. Which had me felling a bit like

or maybe

CAM T was pretty hotly contested
https://www.glen-scca.org/Solo/2019/Results20191020.asp

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Even with "race rubber" the smallish amount we can fit under our cars puts us at a disadvantage compared to most in Cam-T.

·
Registered
9,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Even with "race rubber" the smallish amount we can fit under our cars puts us at a disadvantage compared to most in Cam-T.
the Elcamino and Camaro had 315 squared and 265/40/17
Going racing without “race rubber” is like going to a gunfight with a toothpick.

Mark
it's all about the delivery

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I can almost hang with some of them thanks to the Street or Track front end but could only imagine what the handling would be with big rubber like that! Time to buy a lottery ticket!

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Somehow I missed this thread. Back in the daze BC (Before Kids) Race rubber was worth upwards of 2 full seconds on my car, sometimes I was too lazy to replace my wheels. My biggest problem is seat time these daze. I have only been able to run 2 events per year for the last 5 years and slowly watched myself fall in the pack. Then there is the fact that during my run, the sun dipped in the sky putting the light right in my eyes so I could not see the track returning to its overhead station just as my run ended. It only seemed to happen to me and I don't think it was fair...

CAM T got a lot more competitive this year. The guy in 1st place in the Elcamino is running 315s and has raced since childhood in everything from motocross to his dads aluminum blocked fuel injected killer Elcamino He has a body shop and the car has amazing suspension work and is truly a Beautiful car! The second and third place cars are avid autocrossers running weekly with the Nova guy being the track steward for the day.

I do think there should be a sub class of CAM-T or anyone running greater than 245/265s and when teh sun drops out of teh sky like that, I should get 2 seconds off my time...

·
Registered
7,792 Posts
Give up “competing” in a slow boring autocross and come race W2W with us or any other vintage club. Ten times the cost and 1,000 times more fun. You won’t care anymore about “winning or losing “ because you’ll be having too much fun to care about such nonsense!

Mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts