Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should the original 66 seatbelts look like? Mine have a button (old-style), but I think the originals had a latch-type, yes?
There are some on ebay right now, and they are different from mine. Potential purchase if need be.

1966 C-Code Convertible, 59 Edsel Villager
Charlotte, NC
New Cars Have No Soul.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I have the button type on my '66 GT convert. According to the Mustang Recognition Guide, page 77, "Standard seat belts are color-keyed in '66. Optional deluxe belts have a push button release."

Rich
1966 Mustang GT convertible

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
while that book has lots of nice schematics, it's best to not use it as a 'say-all' reference.

in answer to the question... there are 2 kinds of belts in 66, standard and deluxe. The standard are plastic pull ups and the deluxe are push-buttons. If you got the deluxe seatbelts, you automatically got a seat belt warning light mounted under the ignition switch.

Charles Turner
MCA Gold Card Judge(64.5-65, 66)
'65 Fastback
'00 GT Conv, triple black

Check out my 65 [color:blue]fastback!</font color=blue>

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
My '66 has the push button belts, but the warning light is missing. I have a warning light in the '67 coupe, are they similar/the same, where should it be located in the '66?

Jason
Formerly Bluestangcom
"Got gas?"
Vintage Burgundy'66 Conv. 289 & C4. GT-ized
Strawberry/Silver '91GT
Rust/Red/Turquoise '67 coupe - Parting Out
Guards Red 2000 Porsche Boxster

http://www.bluestang.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.