Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a pretty good thread on this one but I can't find the "answer". What is the best way to dye black seatbelts?
Am I going to be sorry the first time someone wears light pants in the car ?(wouldn't be a great thing to happen on the maiden voyage!). I thought I had them nice and clean but they look bad next to the brand new carpet.........Thanks

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I am interested to learn as well...

·
Registered
1969 Mustang GT Convertible
572 Posts
Instead of dye, you may want to try a paint made by SEM Products. Here is their website: Click Here

I have used SEMs paint on my plastic and vinyl parts with great results. I will be using their Napa Red paint on my black seatbelts in the near future. You can also use their paint on carpets too. I'll be doing my seatbelts sometime next month. I'll update everyone on how it went.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I'm going throught the same thing... I need turquoise seatbelts and Pony mats. Not having much luck either. I did find turquoise seatbelts; but they're WAY more than the Andover units I had decided on.

I emailed this SEM company mentioned above. I'll post if they give me a positive response (about dying both seatbelts and floor mats).

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I used good old rit dye..the stuff for clothes..Follow the intructions to the letter...Mine came out great and no, it doesn't come off on your clothes...
blkstlln

1 - 5 of 5 Posts