Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After pulling out the driver seat to find out the seat frame is broken. I wanted to tighten the bolt that hold the safety belt located on the door side but, realized that it's stripped out. What can I do to fix this issue? I was thinking of welding a bung to a plate or something...when I get home I will double check the bolt thread but, i'm sure those are fine Please advise

Were do I get safety belts for the rear seats in my 65 coupe? and were do the mount?

Thanks

-w

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Hopefully it's just the threads are stripped and not that the nut has broken it's welds. If that's the case, just get tap and re-tap the threads with the next biggest size. Otherwise, it's going to require opening up the rocker panel and welding it back together when done (read a LOT of work).

If your '65 originally had rear seat belts (they were an option in '65) there will aleady be anchors for them and they're, IMHO, easiest to find looking for them underneath the car. If your car didn't originally come with them, you'll have to weld in new anchors. There should be an anchor just each side of the tranny hump on the part of the seat pan that slopes upward to the trunk, and 2 on the same part just inside of the wheel wells.

If you want original looking belts, you'll have to find them used. If originality isn't a concern, you can get aftermarket ones from any Mustang shop or from interior places including Andover Restraints, Juliano's Interiors, or even J.C. Whitney (I've bought belts from all 3 ... Andover is the cheapest).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts