Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a post in the standard forum, thought I would try here also.

I went to bolt in the new seats this weekend, Flofit. I did a little mod on the mounts to get more leg room. Bolted it in and it was a little high but can live with that. Then I went to bolt in the seat belt retractor, WTF, it will not fit between the seat and the mounting place. I have about 1 3/4" to get something in there and cant find any after market seat belt retractor to fit. Any one know of an after market seat belt Mfg that makes a retractor that would bolt up to the factory mount on the roof? Or should I just bit the bullet and install a new mount behind the original?

·
Registered
768 Posts
HI Dave,
You might think about Custom Accessories 3 pt seat belt. I just installed these in a 67 F/B and was very pleased. There is enough material to allow you to install the belt in the factory roof location (which is what I did on the F/B). The kit also comes with a bracket to allow you to install the retractor behind the seat. check out this link and see what you think.
http://www.customaccessoriesmfg.com/seatbelt.htm
An option with chrome retro style buckles which look really nice.
Drop me a line if you have more questions or need pricing.
Thanks Phil

1 - 2 of 2 Posts