Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I was wondering on how to clean my seatbelts without ruining the original cotton tags that are in great shape. from my 65 coupe. Will soaking in woolight work or Oxy clean be ok. ?? The belts are original and in great shape exept they are a little hard to adjust. I think soaking them in something will loosen them up a bit. But I don't know what to use so I don't ruin the Cotton tags. Thanks

MidnightMustang

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Hi,

I don't know if this will work or not, but I have a set I'm going to soak to clean up and I'm going to try BIZ bleach. My wife uses it all the time for our baby's clothes and it never takes any of the color out and really cleans up some tough stains.

Good luck,
John Thomas

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I think Dallas Mustang has a restoration shop that re-webs these including moving the tags. They have a web site.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
I used OXY-Clean. Dumped then in a 5 gallon bucket with hot water (buckle and all), agitate for several minutes, let them soak overnight. Repeated the process two more times. I used some citrius cleaner to get out a some tough stains and used a soft brush. Rinsed several times in hot water and dried in the sun. They turned out great!
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts