Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need the lens. that says "seat belt" like in the picture. either just the lens or with the chrome piece. needs to be in good shape. not melted or anything.

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Can you get the lens out of a repro and use it to fix yours?

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
i'm not sure. but i'm not about to waste $60 to try
Well you’ll be paying a lot more for an original one. They mostly were melted or warped by the bulb. Rather hard to cum by now and command a high price,

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well you’ll be paying a lot more for an original one. They mostly were melted or warped by the bulb. Rather hard to cum by now and command a high price,
figured i'd take a shot on here to see if anyone had any lying around. i'd try the repro but i dont want to break it and not be able to return it

·
Premium Member
3,772 Posts
I see some on ebay from time to time.
It'd be really easy to make one out of an old pair of 3D glasses lens or some red hobby film and some dry transfer decals for just peanuts from a Hobby Lobby, Michael's etc.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see some on ebay from time to time.
It'd be really easy to make one out of an old pair of 3D glasses lens or some red hobby film and some dry transfer decals for just peanuts from a Hobby Lobby, Michael's etc.
that's where i got that picture from. he's asking $90 for it. i'm not very crafty. maybe you or somebody on here can make one and sell it to me

·
Premium Member
3,772 Posts
that's where i got that picture from. he's asking $90 for it. i'm not very crafty. maybe you or somebody on here can make one and sell it to me
I figure it would be hard to measure dimensions for it. Can you shoot me a picture of the back side of yours where the lens goes? I'm not sure it's the same as the 65-66.
Here's one for $25.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I figure it would be hard to measure dimensions for it. Can you shoot me a picture of the back side of yours where the lens goes? I'm not sure it's the same as the 65-66.
Here's one for $25.
that one says it's warped and damaged :(

·
Premium Member
3,772 Posts
that one says it's warped and damaged :(
Well, damn. Maybe I can make some for you to try, and keep some on hand or put em up on ebay or something. I just like to see the cars on the road driven by happy owners. I would love to start my own small business of making repro parts that are actually worth a crap where the others fall short.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, damn. Maybe I can make some for you to try, and keep some on hand or put em up on ebay or something. I just like to see the cars on the road driven by happy owners. I would love to start my own small business of making repro parts that are actually worth a crap where the others fall short.
that'd be swell

·
Registered
661 Posts
I got bored and decided to attempt to replace the lens in my warning light. I have gotten it apart without issue. Evergreen makes transparent red polystyrene plastic which is .010 thick. I believe this will work for the lens. Model train transfer letters should be about right for the lettering.

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got bored and decided to attempt to replace the lens in my warning light. I have gotten it apart without issue. Evergreen makes transparent red polystyrene plastic which is .010 thick. I believe this will work for the lens. Model train transfer letters should be about right for the lettering.
nice. let me know how it works out. i'll buy one off you if it goes well. what year is yours? looks a little different than mine.

·
Premium Member
3,772 Posts
Just make it a little larger and cut it down to size.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts