Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently working on a 68 Cougar and would like to put seat belts with shoulder harness in for safety. I'm going to use 2010 Mustang seats.

Does anyone have a favorite brand (new or used) that they recommend? I'd like to attach to the roof edge and the floor.

thanks!

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Yup - same brand I used. At least for our Mustangs it's important to get the one with the "long sash guide" that you can see in HarleyDave's photo above: Conversion Van Seat Belts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I put 3 pt. wesco's in my son's 68. Work great! I have the long sash as well. It could be longer, as it still wants to ride high on my neck, but they work great. I also went w/ the chrome buckles, they look good.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
last month went with seatbelstplus.com. on mine

bolted right in. feels secure. very well made and perfect color match.

they even special ordered my color with no upcharge and i still got it within a week.

agree with coupster on the sash. she rides a little high but im not in there everyday as so it bothers me any.

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
I chose the Scott Drake belts that closely resemble the 66-67 deluxe buckle with starburst release button to complement the factory lap belts in the rear seat. Summit had them in stock and they arrived the next day.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sdk-sb3pbkpbsb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts