Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the 66 convertible came with rear lap belts? I have some sort of aftermarket looking belts. Might swap them out for repop Ford ones. Retrobelt has some on NPD that look good

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
Yes rear belts were standard 66 and up.

Reactions: Woodchuck

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes rear belts were standard 66 and up.
Do you know if they had a black plastic buckle or did the look like the metal ones with the pony logo like I have in the front? I'll take some pictures when I get home.

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
The seat belts were color keyed to the interior / carpet color. Standard belts were a slightly curved top solid color with lift-to-release aircraft style. The Deluxe belts were flat, square on the female buckle end with a starburst sort of pattern on a center push button to release, and the fronts came with a retractor mounted at the door sill for the male ends.

·
Premium Member
7,562 Posts
1965 - 1967 Standard:

1966 1967 Deluxe

1964 1/2 Deluxe

1965 Deluxe

The optional retractors (plastic body) were not used on the convertible, as the rocker was too thick.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
FYI, deluxe seat belts in `65 & `66 was a separate option & not part of the interior decor group ( deluxe interior ). So, standard interior may or may not have deluxe seat belts & deluxe interior may or may not have deluxe seat belts. 😀

Reactions: myfirstcar66

·
Registered
'66 Convertible 200/c4 Vintage Inline Headers with Arvinode Duals
56 Posts
FYI, deluxe seat belts in `65 & `66 was a separate option & not part of the interior decor group ( deluxe interior ). So, standard interior may or may not have deluxe seat belts & deluxe interior may or may not have deluxe seat belts. 😀
Our first '66 was a base model six with standard interior, deluxe seat belts (with warning light) and brake warning light. Instruments and glove box door looked like the non wood GT types. So yes, many options on any car. That was why Mustangs were so popular.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks @Mustangerbob1 !. My rear belts look like the ones you listed for 66 standard interior. My front ones are chrome and look like airline belts with a mustang pony on the front, most likely after market.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts