Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ripped apart my old seats yesterday, I am usure how to put the new covers on, bought the clips and saved everything I tok off, have new padding and everything, has someone an idea, or a past post to start looking at for my answers?

·
Registered
781 Posts
What questions do you have? You should simply revese the the process that you used to take them apart. If you covers were hog ringed to the foam start there. If the foam was hog ringed to the frame springs thats next. Then (make sure they are warm) pull the covers down the sides of the foam and frame, attach with the j clips or hog rings whatever was used. If you have any specific questions let me know I will be happy to help if I can.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is this U shaped metal piece, do I thread that through the seat? I have seen other kits with string you draw taught and then apply hog rings, I see no evidence of that here? If I have a shredded covering of burlap(underneath the pad) what can I replace this with?

·
Registered
781 Posts
I guess I am not sure what you are refering to "U shaped metal thing". If you have pictures you can send them to me, maybe I can help. As far as the burlap you can replace it with more burlap or any other heavy farbic. It helps to keep the spring wires from eating into the foam. I just had my 73 apart and added 3/4" plus pad to the A surface (top) of the cushion pad and 1/4" to the B surface (bottom) all for added comfort. Feel great. My point is that you can replace the burlap with plus pad. Just orient the plus pad so that the fabric side is facing the springs it will also help improve your comfort.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts