Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all...I wonder if anyone has input they could share on the seat foam products offered by National Parts Depot and Mustangs Unlimited.

NPD offers a premium product made by American Cushion Industries for $144/seat ('70 Fastback - standard interior) and Mustangs Unltd has replacement foam sets for $100/seat.

Does anyone know anything about these products? Trying to decide if the NPD/ACI foams are worth another $88.

Thanks!!

·
Administrator
19,526 Posts
Buy the better foam, it will be worth it in the long run.

·
Registered
25 Posts
+1 buy the better foam. I bought mine from CJ Pony parts.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Ah ha, the old seat foam trap. On a 1970, you MUST use seat foam made by American Cushion, if your seat covers are made by TMI. ProFoam, another pullier of mustang seat foam is too large to fit under TMI seat covers. I worked with TMI for about a year regarding a set of deluxe seat covers for my 70, that did not fit. I dealt directly with the factory, and in so doing, was instructed that ONLY the American Cushion foam will work with their seat covers.

I don't know whether Distinctive Industries has a preference on seat foam in terms of their pattern for seat covers, but you may wish to give them a call or email and ask if seat foam frand makes a difference.

good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts