Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33,994 Posts
Yes, all 65-70 seats are completely interchangeable. The 71-73 seats will also fit, but as these fold straight forward, there might be minor problems.

·
Administrator
19,433 Posts
I have a '66 (Pony) seat in the back of my '67 coupe. There's just a slight gap on either end where I can get my fingers in. So I suspect the seat would fit the other way but it would be very tight to the point you might have to wedge it. But obviously conjecture. It may be someone here has actually tried it.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I have a '66 (Pony) seat in the back of my '67 coupe. There's just a slight gap on either end where I can get my fingers in. So I suspect the seat would fit the other way but it would be very tight to the point you might have to wedge it. But obviously conjecture. It may be someone here has actually tried it.
I have a 67 back seat...I have not yet tried to fit it into the 66 though(not yet to re-assembly stage) but I can try it real quick...are we talking top or bottom for the potential fitment issue?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes, all 65-70 seats are completely interchangeable. The 71-73 seats will also fit, but as these fold straight forward, there might be minor problems.
You mean my 68 seats that fold crooked are supposed to fold that way? I thought they were just broken... :LOL:

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"..are we talking top or bottom for the potential fitment issue? "

Regarding the rear seat, both back and bottom. There is a set for sale locally, that has already been redone. If it will fit I will buy.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts

66(parchment) vs 67(black) seat bottoms...as you can see, the pleating is different between them...I dont have the 66 upper to compare though

fitment of the 67 rear in the 66...note: the inner 1/4 panels are not screwed down, just hanging there, as is the seat back. My conclusion is the seat fits fine...more gap than I would prefer at the 1/4s, but since they aren't fully installed or tweaked in any way I guess its ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts