Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Also posted in the Concourse forum, but some of youo might know: What is the length of each section of seatbelt for both front and rear seats (1966 vert)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
765 Posts
I'm not sure what they're supposed to be, but I can say that they're about 2" too short to fit snugly around my not as trim as it use to be waist :eek:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,215 Posts
Daves72 said:
I'm not sure what they're supposed to be, but I can say that they're about 2" too short to fit snugly around my not as trim as it use to be waist :eek:
I have that problem as well. I believe seat belts shrink in length about 2" every 10 years of age of the seat belts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OOOooooooohhhhhhhh....so THAT'S my problem. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
C'mon guys....seriously. I'm sewing my own belts and need to know the length of each section.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Midlife said:
If it was a fastback, I could tell you.
Hmmm. My fronts bolt to the inside of the (wider) rocker box on the outside and to the tunnel on the inside. They should be pretty close.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,215 Posts
Yeah, but I believe the 'vert belts are different, even in the front. That's certainly true for the bolt area portion of the belts; whether they are the same in length is a question I can't answer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,293 Posts
Tell me what lengths you need (belt only, including buckle/latch, etc.) and I'll go measure mine off my 66 GT vert. My belts were completely redone by Snakeoyl, so they should be correct (for the price they better be ;) ).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
66EmbergloGTConvertible said:
Tell me what lengths you need (belt only, including buckle/latch, etc.) and I'll go measure mine off my 66 GT vert. My belts were completely redone by Snakeoyl, so they should be correct (for the price they better be ;) ).
Total belt length would be best. I can adjust the amount of lap and seam accordingly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,293 Posts
Front Male - 9-1/2" (total web length not including plastic protective piece nor end chrome latch)
Front Female - 32" (total web length not counting receptacle)
Rear Male - 14" (total web length not counting chrome latch)
Rear Female - 35" (total web length not counting receptacle)

Dimensions are approx. as they're installed, but within 1/2" or so. Good luck, I've been following your posts (travails?), should be a beautiful car when your done (pending all Scott Drake's QC ;) ).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
66EmbergloGTConvertible said:
Front Male - 9-1/2" (total web length not including plastic protective piece nor end chrome latch)
Front Female - 32" (total web length not counting receptacle)
Rear Male - 14" (total web length not counting chrome latch)
Rear Female - 35" (total web length not counting receptacle)

Dimensions are approx. as they're installed, but within 1/2" or so. Good luck, I've been following your posts (travails?), should be a beautiful car when your done (pending all Scott Drake's QC ;) ).
Thanks. We had it back in the body/paint shop last week (hopefully for the last time). We repainted the rockers, the front valance (where the SD bumper guard dug into the paint), and the rear panel below the decklid. Then, readjusted the L.F. fender for the umpteenth time, tweaked the R.side control arm bracket and finally got the new one in; then polished the entire car.

I drove it to a front end shop about 3-1/2 miles away and then another 10 miles home. It's the first time the car has been on the road in 3+ years. Today I took her to a Meineke to have the exhaust adjusted. We're down to short list of detail work that should be completed by tomorrow afternoon. It goes into its first Concourse show Sunday. I still find things I'm not satisfied with, but that could go on forever. We'll see what others think.


Hosted on Fotki
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top