Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a part number for the seatbelt warning light relay for a '66. And can anyone tell me if the '65 and '66 used the same relay and part number? I picked one up at the Columbus Swap Meet last year and it doesn't work. The light stays on ALL the time. And please don't tell me to unhook it - I've been told that about 50 times. It's a rare option that I would like to see work, not just sit there.

I have hooked my present relay up everyway possible and have blown enough fuses. I have followed the wiring diagram to a "t" as well. But where the shop manual shows a relay w/ two terminals, mine has three.

Any help would be great.

DOUG

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I purchased a 2 speed wiper motor and associated mounting bracket that came from a 65 or 66 Mustang. The wiper bracket had a part attached to it that several people have identified for me as a seat belt warning relay. The part is 2 1/2" long by 3/4" wide and has two electrical connection slip on posts. It has "TUNG-SOL" RELAY 673, "MADE IN USA", and a circle with "t S" in the center written on the side. A mounting bracket with a single hole is fastened to the center back part. I hope this helps in identifying the part that you need.

66 Fastback
85 GT Hatchback
67 Coupe
82 GT Hatchback

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 66 has this option, but the light never comes on. When is the light supposed to be on? Does it come on for awhile when you start then go off? I haven't worried about it yet, but someday I will get to it. I couldn't find it on my wiring diagrams.

Greg

Greg
'66 coupe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts