Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at high back buckets for the coupe. I can buy some Mack 1 seats for $200.00 and I can also buy 85 and 90 GT seats for $225.00. Either way I go I want to recover them to match the 66 red interior. Locally recovering plus cushins with custom color machting runs about $700.00. I think the Mach 1 seats look best, what do other think?

Also I am going to retrofit shoulder belts into the car. I like the door jamb mounting system because it is easear to install, but can't picture how the shoulder belt is held in the correct position. Which system is better / safer, door jamb mount or headliner mount?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Consider after market seats. for the monney your getting a new seat that meets new federal standards.
3 point seat belts.
the best place is in the upper mounting position for the shoulder belt.
You can place it just at the top of door opening and it will work. My 88 560SL has the shoulder mount just at the top of the door, Look at one sometime. Also a friend down the street has his 64 convrt set up that way.
Dave

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think you can get the aftermarket seats color matched to 66 red. I checked with a local shop and they saif only black, white or grey.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I like the Mach 1 seats. They look good and are comfortable. Custom covering them in the original Mustang red for your interior would be a nice and unusual touch. Even better if the upholstery could look the same as the original.

I do know there is an aftermarket seat that can be bought in the "Pony" interior style. It was advertised in either Mustang Monthly or Mustang Times a month or two ago. Looked kind of like the Fiero seats, but with the two-tone pony upholstery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts