Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yup $900.00 later my single exhaust car now has dual exhaust. boy does she sound nice. not too loud and not too soft but just right.she's got hedman elite ceramic coated headers an dynomax turbo mufflers. all connected by 2 1/4 inch pipe. its a thing of beauty. the only thing i couldnt do was an x-pipe.due to the full length headers and the conv. brace there just wasnt room under there for an x-pipe. did an h-pipe instead. thanks to1966conv for the recommendation on the mufflers and the muffler shop. :: :: :: ::

·
Registered
391 Posts
Similar combo; 2 1/2" pipes, Dynomax Turbo mufflers, and JBA ceramic coated headers, sound level just perfect. Try standing behind the car and listen to the engine idle in stereo, nice.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Great minds think alike. Dougs custom headers (ceramic coated), Dynomax Super Turbos, 2 1/2 pipe. Prettiest sound I've ever heard.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Glad you like it. I like my super turbo's, and when you open it up they flow as good or better than flow's at less $ ::

more parts available now.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey alan are you going to the MCCO meeting on tues. im going to try to make it although i might be late. i have to work until 7 p.m..
p.s. thanks again for the advice. ::

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
As of right now, I'm planning on being there. You can make it; it does not start till 7:30.

Who did you get for the installation?

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
YIKES, $900 for dual exhaust!?

Looks great, though!

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
AHHHHH another big STang with a cool exhaust system, Can't beat it! :D
An X-pipe can be done. WHat you have to do is get spacers so you can move the vert brace lower to make room for the X.
That is what I eneded up doing. Looks kinda cool with that lowered down. I can get a 1/2 inch smaller spacer than what I have to get a little more clearance. My headers hit before anything else does.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that included 300 for ceramic coated headers.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
I'm working on mine, too! Doing it myself! The only problem I had was getting a Stage 8 bolt in the rear DS bolt hole! Oh, well, 15 out of 16! I've got back to the the X-pipe all cut and fit and ready to weld. I just need two S curves to match up to the mufflers!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts