Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy, was my friend wrong! I have a Coupe that is not worth restoring, but it does have a complete working convenience control panel in it. I am not that "up" on Mustangs, so my friend suggested that I sell this part on Vintage Mustang Forum. He told me that the people were nice, & offered advice if you needed it. I posted my ad for this part yesterday. I do not know what this part is worth, so I asked for offers. Practically every reply I got for this part was telling me to take my part & go to E-Bay! I would rather sell my part here, but if that's what you guys want, SEE YA!

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
T

'59 T-Bird..[color:blue]'70 Mustang Convert</font color=blue>...[color:green]'72 Mach One</font color=green>
http://clubs.hemmings.com/baymustang/t-bird.jpg
The Black Bird At 42,she's the oldest in my Ford stable

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Perhaps, patience would help. I have posted items on here and gotten replies up to three and four weeks later. This forum is still good in spite of a few who have bad experiences. One guy advertised his car and then wouldn't state a price. Later when people made offers he reviled the forum as a bunch of losers. His loss. Good luck on the sale.

THE 90/90 RULE OF PROJECT SCHEDULES...
The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time. The last 10% of the project takes the other 90%.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
There'a a different group of folks between the Vintage Mustang Forum and Vintage Mustang Classifieds. Some cross over, but only a few, mostly VMFers on VMC. Without reading your ad and thread, I cannot comment on what happened. Usually it's a miscommunication. Usually one smartass ruins it for all. Don't let that happen you. Try it again and see what happens.

[color:blue]
1967 Acapulco Blue coupe
302 4V, C4, 9" 3.25:1
Torq-Thrust "D" 225-60-14
1968 PDB, Corbeau
LeCarra, Alpine in-dash CD
http://www.geocities.com/mlnielsen_67/index.htm
WEBSITE UPDATED 3/25/01
</font color=blue>

·
Registered
762 Posts
It probably was someone giving you sound advice, rather then making you feel like we don;t want your part on VMC. I am a regular here, but I always sell my parts on e-bay. They always sell...people will pay more there. That's just the way it is.

JJ
69 Fastback 302 2v 3sp. trans.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1605599&a=12251632&p=44630868&Sequence=7&res=high.jpg

·
Registered
676 Posts
You had some support over there, one even told the others not to post if they didn't have anything nice to say....so go to Ebay and pout, all because you got a couple of poor replies....

RJ
68 Diamond Blue Coupe
Sprint Promotion A
289 2bbl with a C4

College Station, TX

Click Here For Home Page

·
Registered
677 Posts
I think a liitle patience is in order here. Even though your replies may not have been what you expected, that does not nean that VFM is not a good place to sell. I have been on here a little over three months, & have sold a lot of parts & two cars.Everybody I have dealt with has been great. There are always a few clowns out there that never have anything good to say, & have nothing better to do, so they write worthless replies & try to police this site. I have learned to ignore their replies to my posts, and I remember them when they really need something I have for sale. Their e-mails usually go unanswered. I would leave your part for sale on here, you will sell it I'm sure. The part you have is definitely very rare, and you will have to wait to find the right buyer!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Their probably just trying to help you, since you would get more on e-bay. Don't be so thin skined, and take everything to heart.

65 coupe 302
(rebuilding a 351W)

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Surprised to read you are from NY. Usually New Yorkers are so much more patient?

J. Boggs

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1574992&a=11972962&p=43108527.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mark:

I read your original classified and saw the replies; both positive and negative. I just went back to
re-read it. I am a regular reader of the forum and have also purchased (and sold) several parts
on the classifieds. When I first read your ad; I too was put off. Words in all CAPS are considered
shouting and while you have every right to sell for the highest price; perhaps it should have been
worded another way such as: perfect 68 convenience control panel (deluxe interior, non A/C),
mint condition, serious offers only, pictures available upon request. That way people know they
have to meet the price you have in mind or you will not sell. It wasn't necessary to state that in
the ad; that is probably what people took offense too. It made it look like you knew what the piece
was worth and wanted to start a bidding war. Or heck, put a price in that you could live with and
stick with it. People know that a convience control panel is a rare item and that it won't come cheap.
I believe that 99% of the people on both the forum and classifieds are good, well meaning, honest
Mustang people.

I also believe both this classifieds and e-Bay can and should co-exist.

-Matt Richmond

1 - 11 of 11 Posts