Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my orig. Convivence group light. But not the switch & bracket that attach to parking brake mechanism under dash.

I've seen 4/s on eBay My project is a/T so it's not crucial. But I would like to have it functional.

Thanks,
Gimpy

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have my orig. Convivence group light. But not the switch & bracket that attach to parking brake mechanism under dash.

I've seen 4/s on eBay My project is a/T so it's not crucial. But I would like to have it functional.

PM me

Thanks,
Gimpy

·
Registered
962 Posts
I assume you are asking about C7ZZ-15A851-A? Unique to Mustang and Cougar. On Mustang was part of the convenience control group option, but also available from the dealer in an over the counter kit C7ZZ-15A852-A. It is interesting that the kit listed for 1968 Mustangs was different - not sure what changed. Also I thought it was rather a strange function because when the parking brake lever is pulled, it is a knee-knocker when getting in and out of the car. Kind of hard to miss :)

Also regarding 4-speed manual vs auto trans, the part number is the same. Are you thinking they were different?

·
Premium Member
6,124 Posts
If the parking brake is adjusted well, it isn't much of a knee-knocker haha, it can be pulled out just a couple clicks and without a reminder, one can ride around unaware until you come to a stop and something smells worse than your in-laws' leftovers...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts