Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My vacuum canister is leaking around the circular insert in the lid that holds the hoses. I'm looking for a replacement. The circular insert must not rotate in the lid. Bracket not needed. PM or e-mail me.

G

·
0 Posts
i just tested the vacuum cans i had on the shelf. the two i have for 71-72 both turn on the top. i just conducted a leakdown test on one from 16lbs vacuum it has dropped to 13 lbs over 25 minutes but this may be leaking around my slip on connections. if interested please contact me cost is 20.00 plus 3.95 priority shipping.

G

·
0 Posts
sir what i am saying and what i tested again this morning was i do not believe that they are leaking to any great extent. This time i lubricated the hose connections and in over an hour the guage only registered a 1 lb decrease in vacuum. there is no accessory on your car that you can opereate with the car shut off that requires 15 lbs of vacuum an hour after the car is shut down. if interested please contact me.what iam saying is the can doesnt leak the one pound loss was at the connections

1 - 5 of 5 Posts