Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a chance today to swing by the Segerstrom Shelby Event Center in Irvine, CA today and it was well worth it. It opened last October, open to the public and the quality of the cars and museum is just incredible.

Here's a link: Segerstrom Shelby Event Center

A few pics of the downstairs areas - 1969 and up vehicles are on the 2nd floor (sorry, by that point my head was exploding from all of the incredible vehicles I forgot to take pics up there).

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Hood Vehicle Light

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
156 Posts
Its on my bucket list... Like waking up in heaven.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
My in-laws live right near there and my father-in-law sent me a magazine article about it. We’re headed out there for a visit next month and will be sure to stop in for a drool.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
I'll have to check that one out next time I'm out that way! I lived in Irvine about 6-7 miles where this is located. Looks like it's across the 5 not far from where Lion Country Safari used to be.

·
Registered
417 Posts
lol. You date yourself with Lion Country Safari. It was only dangerous if you rolled down the window!

Irvine Meadows was a great place to see Oingo Boingo on Holloween every year.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
lol. You date yourself with Lion Country Safari. It was only dangerous if you rolled down the window!
Lion Country Safari with Frazier the Lion and Bubbles the Hippo. Frazier was buried on a hill overlooking the park, and Bubbles died after being tranquilized when she escaped and hid in a nearby pond. Her bones are now in some warehouse in Los Angeles.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I'm going there with the OC Mustang club next Saturday. Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
1965 Mustang Coupe plane Jane 6 cyl manual
221 Posts
Lion Country Safari with Frazier the Lion and Bubbles the Hippo. Frazier was buried on a hill overlooking the park, and Bubbles died after being tranquilized when she escaped and hid in a nearby pond. Her bones are now in some warehouse in Los Angeles.
Both Irvine Meadows and Lion Country are long gone. Fun fact: I was at the first concert at Irvine Meadows (Charlie Daniels Band). I seem to recall that Bubbles escaped during that concert. We saw Jeep headlights on the hillside as they tried to contain.

The Lyons museum (WW2 aircraft and vehicles) at SNA is a worthwhile visit if you're in the area.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
I'm going there with the OC Mustang club next Saturday. Looking forward to it!
Give us another review of this. My buddies in Southern Calif and I have been talking about it and want to check it out the next time I'm out that way. What is the cost of admission (when you find out)?

·
I won a special award
8,331 Posts
I remember going there in the early 1970's with my parents.

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Font Rectangle Sculpture Landmark Commemorative plaque

Sky Cloud Plant Infrastructure Tower

1 - 11 of 11 Posts