Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I've decided to sell my '66. It breaks my heart but it's just too much work for me at the moment. With the money I will make off of it and the money I have saved I hope to find a 69-70 Mach 1 in better condition. Anyway here's my question. On my 289 I have a Edelbrock Performer RPM intake and Edelbrock 600 CFM carb. I'm wondering if I should put the original parts back on...2v intake and carb. Will it make a difference to me selling the car for more or less? It isn't a hard job and could be completed in a day so I have no problem doing the swap. To keep it on there or put the original back on...that is the question. Thanks much guys I appreciate all the help.
-Scott

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
I would offer it with the car. Removing the 4V set up could only hurt the selling value of the car. In other words the car will sell more quickly if you have both to offer. Then set a price for one or the other if the buyer would like to decide to have one or the other.

Is the 2V set up really worth anything to you? My guess is that it isn't.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Leave what you have on the car and offer the original parts with the car. This why the new owner can decide if they want to go back to original.

I don't think having the Performer intake and carb on the car will hurt the value because you have the original parts for it also.

Good luck.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 2v setup isn't worth anything to me, but the Edelbrock package is. I was pleased with the gains I saw from it and would like to use it again if I got another 289/302.
-Scott

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
If the car is in drivable condition then I would leave it on. I really think the car will sell quicker with it on than it would with it off and also get you closer to the asking price you want for the car. Add on stuff cost alot and it's hard to get back when you sell it. Because of that people will view the car as being a better deal with it. If you really need another set up some day the cost shouldn't be that much if you shop around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts