Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I opened a new account with hotmail just for this forum. Ever since then I have been getting junk mail by the tons. Since this is the only place I use it I am assuming the this site sold their email list. My personel account doesnt get junk mail.
Just a observation. ::

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Impossible.
MOre than likely hotmail sold the new account opening to the list.

Bob does not sell email accounts and the software is designed to limit the ability of email spiders to pull email accounts from the system.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I don't use hotmail and haven't had the same experience. Perhaps the hotmail account is the source of the problem.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Hotmail and spam ?
Naaaaaaaa ........

Hotmail is a free email service (last I checked) and thus hotmail will sell your email address and personal info to pay for it .
Make a new hotmail account and don't release the email address to anyone and you will still get spam .
Ive got my regular bellsouth email address that I don't give to ANYONE and it get's spam . Spammers will find a way no matter what .

·
Registered
90 Posts
just set your privacy settings so only those whos email adress you have checked can get into your inbox, rest goes to junk.

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
Bob wouldnt do anything like that.Hotmail did it.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
It's hotmail not VMF. I have used it for a few years and the junk mail is constant 30 per day at least.
jim

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
I don't sell ANY e-mail lists. Period. I'm as anti-spam as they come. It's hotmail in general, not the forum.

However, there are crawlers that come across this forum scouring for e-mail addresses, so be cautious about posting your e-mail address or putting it in your signature.

But, it is DEFINITELY not ME selling ANY addresses. I hope I am clear on that.

-bob

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yeah I quit using hotmail when I started getting ads to enlarge my breasts...my wife got a good laugh.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
It's Hotmail. I opened an account for my wife so her friends would stop sending chainmail crap to her on my e-mail. Within 24 hours of opening the account, spam started pouring in, and neither of us had even used it!

·
Gone but never forgotten
25,239 Posts
Hotmail is synonymous with SPAM. (Of course so is AOL and yahoo). Hotmail will sell you out in a heartbeat, but don't think that the spiders can't find your email address if you post it in a thread here.

I have done searches for things in Google before, and found links to posts here on the VMF. If you post your email address ANYWHERE, you will learn real quick how to enlarge your penis, refinance your house and by prescriptions on line real fast.

Bob won't even sell advertising, there's no way he's going to go selling email addresses!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts