Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Dang! I don't get it SEMA and other events cancelled, but where I live there's gonna be a huge gun show this weekend. No logic whatsoever. Sorry Venting!

·
Premium Member
4,312 Posts
A lot more people own or want to buy guns than custom cars etc I guess, especially given the recent political climate.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Heck, the Strugis rally in SD is still going to be held. Maybe car people are more cautious.

Reactions: Grabber70Mach

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I was planning on going until the virus showed up. Surprised it took them this long to cancel. I couldn’t imagine all the overseas vendors wanting to travel with the current situation. Maybe next year.

Reactions: Grabber70Mach

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is due to the manufacturers pullibg out...I had three cars slated to be in booths but they cancelled. 30-40% (very conservative) of the products on display are manufactured in China...the parts pipeline has slowed tremendously and there is no travel between countries... It really has little to do with social distancing....

·
Registered
858 Posts
Dang! I don't get it SEMA and other events cancelled, but where I live there's gonna be a huge gun show this weekend. No logic whatsoever. Sorry Venting!
SEMA attracts of 60,000 people from across the world. The potential for spread of Covid on a global scale is huge. No disrespect intended to where you live, but I doubt your local gun show has that same potential.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts