Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More like a lemon for a peach...

I bid on this "New" Edelbrock fuel pump, 3 weeks ago, and I get the run around, "It was returned, bad address." hmmmm, UPS has been able to find this house on many occasions. Next I get, ok Ill resend it on Monday morning. another week goes by and still no pump, so I email him again, heres his reply " the pump should have been shipped over a week ago, why its still here im not sure. im going to drop it of at ups right now. again im really sorry im not trying to burn you, this fuel pump is cursed! you will see the pump monday if not you can have a full refund issued to you asap..thanks paul"

Well, Monday came and went, finally "A" pump shows up on wednesday, hmmm, a holley box, open it up, hmmm, a bright shiney pump, dont say Edelbrock on it, heck, it dont even say holley... so I jump on the net and look up the part # and low and behold, it is a holley, but the one Summit sells under its own name, a cheaper version of the bottom line holley pump.

It was cursed all right, so cursed it changed itself into a cheap knock off. Heres the item # Item number: 7908850299. Check it out, does that look like a cheap imatation?

Now will this pump work? yes, will it be enough for what Im applying it to? most likely... Is it worth the money I paid for it, NO.

Id like to ask all fellow VMFers to help me out and send this guy a note letting him know he wont get away with it. If not, thanks for letting me vent. his email address: [email protected] his ebay name: redlinepowersports
BUYER BEWARE!!!

Thanks guys and gals, oh and you to Midlife ::

·
Registered
758 Posts
Well, no comment on the runaround and delays. But if the item in your hand is the item in the photo, and it really is new/uninstalled, ya gots no beef. He doesn't claim it's a Holley, an Edelbrock, or anything but "$85 from Summit."

$36 isn't bad. I can't find a generic Summit part that looks like that, and the Edelbrock/Holley's are indeed about $85.

I'm not really sure what you're complaining about except for the runaround.

(Addendum: if you keep this item, be sure to rotate the pump body before you install it. I installed my Edelbrock and it wasn't until I fitted up the oil filter that I noticed there was a half inch between the filter and the pump inlet. If you unbolt the body via the ten allen head screws, you can turn it to any position. Two screws clockwise looking down from the top, and a brass 90-degree elbow in the outlet port, and it fits fine, just clearing the timing cover.)

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Although it's hard to tell, the pump pictured does look like it has the red Edelbrock sticker on it and he does state specifically that it's an Edel pump he's selling. If the part doesn't match the description you have a couple options; contact the seller and explain the problem to see if he will voluntary correct it. If not, try to get a refund from your payment source (paypal and most credit cards have a dispute resolution process that can refund your money even if the seller is uncooperative). I noticed you already left a neg for him, that may have hurt your chances for getting any cooperation from him because those don't ever come off. Even if you go to Square Trade and agree to remove the neg it is only removed from his rating, the comment will still appear on his feedback page, forever. Having done a lot of business on ebay myself (both buying and selling) I understand disappointments happen but I wouldn't leave a neg on anyone without 1st explaining the problem and giving them a chance to correct it (for the very reason that I mentioned above). On the bright side, even if it is the generic 110 gph Summit pump you still got a good price on it. ::

·
Registered
334 Posts
Uhm no offense but not sure what you were reading nitro it specifically states "this auction is for a mechanical edelbrock fuel pump" in the first line of the description ... and i'd be upset too if i didnt get EXACTLY what was described, ebay transactions are legally binding and if you feel burned Artic you should contact ebay, they supposedly have a mediator that works these things out .. in the future i would suggest not buying from anyone with 0 feedback, looks like he changed his ID recently, not necessarily a bad sign, but it pays to be careful you know .. my .02

James

·
Registered
758 Posts
Uhm no offense but not sure what you were reading nitro it specifically states "this auction is for a mechanical edelbrock fuel pump" in the first line of the description ...
Right, missed that - my bad.

If the pump the OP has isn't exactly what's pictured, with the Edelbrock sticker that's showing, then take it to eBay. I can provide a picture of a genuine item for reference, if needed.

I'll stand by my comment that even if it's a "white box" version of the pump, $36 isn't a bad price. Unlike most pumps, you can take it apart and rebuild it easily, with the genuine Edelbrock parts.

Post feedback that represents the outcome of the deal, keep the pump, and move on... or take it up with eBay to get a refund or compensation. Lotsa luck with that... they are more interested in protecting and serving their semi-commercial users than helping the individuals any more.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On the bright side, even if it is the generic 110 gph Summit pump you still got a good price on it.
i wish it was 110gph, the holley list number brings it out at a 80 gph, its the cheaper of the 2 holleys

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Um might I also ad, the $15 he burned me for for shipping? that brings it to a total of $51. It does not take $15 to get a 5lb small package from Conneticut to Michigan, I checked, it was a little over $5.

Well, I allways say "ya burn me once, shame on you, ya burn me twice, shame on me!"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts