Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after many uneventful transactions I have finally been stung by UPS... I was waiting on a clutch fork which was omitted from my TKO swap kit, and came to find out that the package Dark Horse sent me shows - according to the tracking info - that it was delivered to my address on Aug. 12th... of course, I never got it. So I have called 1-800-PICKUPS and gave the nice lady my story & info. Just wondering what to expect since I can clearly see that Fred at Dark Horse did his part in sending out the package, and of course I've done mine by waiting patiently...

Thanks - Doug

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I would expect LONG delays, LOTS of forms, MORE forms, LOTS of letters, and then finally a check from UPS. *LOL*

I sent a '65 instrument bezel to a fellow VMFer and the box arrived crushed, and the instrument bezel unusable. The recipient filed a claim and and it literally took us almost 4 months to get a check from UPS. In fairness, part of the delay was mine, in that I didn't know I had to do anything, until UPS sent me a letter a month later asking what I wanted to do about it. I had to document it by sending them pages from an NPD catalog, and several letters to justify the cost of the item. In the end, even though I had requested several times for them to reimburse the recipient, they sent ME a check for the part and shipping, and I paid the recipient. I was a rooky in all this, and would have just reimbursed the recipient immediately had I known how this was all going to work out.

Hope yours goes easier.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, I didn't expect that much consideration! :eek:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hope yours goes easier.
Me too! I may have better luck considering I purchased directly from a vendor (who probably has dealt with this before).

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
They'll have someone call you and try to convince you that you signed for the package by comparing the signature to other items you signed for. In my case the person only signed my last name (I sign with first and last) and they spelled it wrong! That wasn't enough for them so they also sent the driver back to talk to me. After that he recalled delivering the package to the building next door. The claim check goes to the shipper and then they have to reimburse you.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
The claim check goes to the shipper and then they have to reimburse you.
Acording to UPS, if the shipper request payment be made to the recipient, they will comply. The request has to be in writing on company letter head. That said, though, after I put it in writing to pay the recipient (and explained that I don't actually have company letter head as I'm not a business), they still sent the check to me ::

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since you mentioned the driver, I should say I suspect this is where the problem is... my usual guy I am on a first name basis with (I used to work in the shipping dept at my previous job) & he usually writes 'hi Doug' or something like that on my packages. He knows exactly which house is mine, I suspect that there was an alternate driver that day...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts