Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a dozen or more traffic cones for an upcoming Show (Sept 18). Any idea who carries traffic cones? Lowes? Home Depot? Wallymart?

·
Registered
48 Posts
You need to go to a business that sells construction safety equipment. Search yellow pages "Safety Equipment".

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I've noticed the State Police usually carry a wide selection. They typically will have several models on display at traffic accidents. :p

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
If you have time to order, try Galls .
Home Depot may carry them but I don't remember ever seeing them.
I also did a Google search and came up with this web page

·
Registered
125 Posts
I found them in Grainger. try www.grainger.com
My book is a couple years old so the price may have changed but in this book the 18" is $6.42 and up to 36" for $14.90

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
You know about a couple years back we needed some for a car show. First off, I was completely joking around but I decided to ask CAL Trans. It's California's highway improvement slow poke workers. So I asked one guy and he gave them to me, we about a dozen, he said that they have thousands to choose from.

There is no offense to Cal Trans workers but it seems they take forever to get a freeway put up behind your house. Waking up at 6am every morinng to sound of jack hammer and guys talking about what to eat at lunch.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
If your local SCCA region has a Solo2 program (and doesn't have an event that weekend) you might be able to borrow some.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
You may be able to rent some, but my guess is that you could borrow some from a local paving contractor or surveyor (I have 3 myself). If that doesn't work, you can order some from the surveying supply place that I use Hays Instrument Co.

They have 12" cones for 4.60 each, 18" cones for 6.97 each, or 28" cones for 11.86 each.

·
Premium Member
7,059 Posts
Check underneath what used to be MY new truck, now my 16 yr old daughter's truck. There is a good selection of interesting items. :eek:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Home Depot and Lowes carry the small ones you also may want to try a full service (real) hardware store.

I purchased all mine for 2 of my parking operations from a local hardware store. 3 foot orange cones sold for about $9 each.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Rent them from the cities public works department.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I see them along the highway all the time, ready to be picked up.
:eek:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Got some at Home Depot last X-mas. They were in the hardware aisle, near the mailboxes and garage door repair stuff. . .

·
Premium Member
19,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the HD tip. They weren't listed on line.

Amazing how expensive simple molded plastic thingies are: $8-14 each for 24" ones, and big bucks for higher cones.

Yeah, I thought about swiping them from various sites around town...heh heh....

Here kitty kitty! Here kitty kitty! ::

1 - 18 of 18 Posts