Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read the new issue of Hot Rod and they had some interesting articles. One was about a modern build up Shelby is doing with a FE powerplant.. It supercharged too and he's expecting 1300 HP! Oh Yeah, it's going into a Cobra er suicide machine! There is also an article on a vintage Cougar racer that I'm sure Art would be interested in. As for the PowerTour pics, well, you can see part of Clone Bob's and my car in a wide shot of a Wal-Mart but that's it! There were lesser Mustangs that made the pages. However, the Oct issue should have more pics.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I've skimmed my issue. Two articles featuring Ford stuff is a real treat. But the Power Tour coverage was a little disappointing. That photo collage of the participants' cars was more than a bit amusing.

Seems about 30% (no overstatement) of the pictures feature Camaros of one sort or another. I realize that there are probably more Chevies than any other marque on the tour, but felt Hot Rod was working hard to preserve its reputation as a Chevy-(and particularly Camaro) oriented magazine.

I rode with the tour 3 years ago when they came through Colorado. Lotsa GM cars, to be sure, but not 25-30% Camaros. Maybe the Camaro proportions represented in the collage are accurate for this year, but it sure didn't reflect what I saw a few years ago.

I have nothing against Camaros, my wife drives a fast and beautiful 98. But IMHO, Camaros were grossly over-represented in the photo spread.

Just how many 69 Camaros with Z-28 stripes were actually there?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts