Vintage Mustang Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

September's Ride of the Month Contest

5K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Tanker74 
#1 ·
Welcome to September's Ride of the Month Contest!

Congrats to @Lawnjockey for winning July's Contest!

Please follow all instructions posted below
  1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

We look forward to seeing your rides!

See less See more
#2 ·
My 67 200 to A-code 289 conversion. Rust free, 4 to 5 lug conversion, KH disc brakes, new suspension, Arning drop, 1 1/8 sway bar, roller idler, new brake and fuel lines.

Nothing fancy, just a typical 6 to 8 garage conversion.

Attachments

#3 · (Edited)
My 69 Coupe Grande just "finished" (never finished) for the summer. Had an awesome time driving this little beast around and due to the attention it got, I must have done something right. 302ci, C4, B&M, 9" posi, front disks, Edelbrock Performer, Edelbrock carb, MSD Ignition, mild cam, long tube headers, x-pipe through 2 1/2" custom exhaust to 14" Magnaflows and custom Magnaflow resonators, new or refurbished everything, custom retro stereo (6 speaker + sub, 1400w), 17" x 8" Foose wheels inside NITTO NT555's. Total blast to drive, real hard on rear tires...just the car for an old dude heading into his 3rd or 4th childhood. It is so much fun seeing the reaction it gets from strangers, young and old, everyone loves an old Mustang, people stop, look, smile and those without inhibitions have things to say. It is always a fun day when I'm out on my own or with my wife for a drive.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle Vehicle

#4 ·
All the stars aligned when the sale of this 66 fell into my lap! I’ve had it for just over 2 years and have won 4 out of 6 first place trophies. The restoration is about 12 years old. An oilman had it built for his wife as a surprise birthday gift. When he presented it to her she said, “you know I hate red!” He took it back the shop and told them to sell it. The paint is “Boyd Coddington Red”! There’s no bondo, the engine is a nice as the exterior, and it drives strong. A true pleasure to own!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

#7 ·
1967 Mustang Fastback GT, 390 manual 4 speed tranny. Started this project 2011and am getting close to finishing this month, I hope, or next. Putting car back to original or as close as I can get it. New floor, quarter panels, fire wall, front aprons, front fenders, rebuilt engine, rebuilt tranny, redid the seats front and back with new upholstery plus lots more.
Motor vehicle Hood Light Vehicle Automotive exterior
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Plant Car Vehicle

#8 ·
Haven't been around here in a while. Here's my 69 Mach restomod, I've had it since 1986, my first car, I'll turn 51 this Saturday. Drive it 4-5K miles a season, not bad for central NH. Mods include 418W, TKO 600, Holley HP MPFI, Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, coil over front suspension, subframe connectors etc etc lol. Rotisserie restored about 10 years ago, It's well sorted out and a blast to drive!!

Vehicle Wheel Plant Tire Flower
Tire Wheel Car Plant Vehicle
Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille

#9 ·
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive parking light Tire
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle
One owner car. Pretty much stock. Two restores over the years with the last one going from Lime Gold to Candy Apple red. Did all the work myself, including the paint. Added a stock dual exhaust system. Ribbed taillight panel (given to me by friend) and wheel opening trim added recently.
1967 Fastback
289 2 barrel. 3 speed manual

#10 ·
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering wheel Steering part

Fastback V8 289, 1965. I imported this car 6 years ago from the US, from the first owener. The car is all stock with original handling package (disk brakes, round bezel, 16:1 manual steering, limited-slip differential, heavier stabilizer, stiffer springs), original red luxury interiour. The car had 1 respray in 1989 in (same colour, wimbledon white). The pony came with seemless paperwork from 1965 to present, a a custom-tailored textile cover and plenty of literature collected by the first owner. I am very proud to own that pony. Great fun to drive.

#12 ·
Here we go.

Bought this little puppy late 2012 early 2013, for "just $2700". It was in a rough shape and alot of parts missing. Spent some years saving up and find parts to get this back on the road.
Few weeks ago, i drove it for the first time. For a long time i had doubts on what color the car was going to get, but after watching John Wick, the choice was easy. Not an exact replica,
but inspired by. Fully restored, back to bare metal, all nuts and bolts.

1969 Mach 1, 351W, AOD tranny, Airgap, Edelbrock RPM heads, Fitech EFI, Rack & Pinion, 12.25" Wilwood brakes front and back, Magnaflow 2.5" Exhaust, stock interior with the exeption of the steering wheel and radio.

Most memorable mod sounds stupid, but from the entire build, the custom grille was really fun to do. Car came with 2 grilles, one i restored to OEM and the other was damaged where now the new emblem sits.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Sky

Attachments

#15 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I'd completely forgotten I had an account setup here. Most of my sharing is on Instagram these days (@b_l_newman).

My car was purchased new in 1965 by my grandfather from Hollywood Ford. When I was a kid (in the 70s), we would visit my grandparents in Palm Springs. The car sat at the back of their carport, and fell in love. It was promised to me, but then life happened. Somehow, my dad stayed in touch with the cousins who'd bought it from grandpa, and in a moment of uh "un-sobriety" the fella who wound up with the car asked my dad if we still wanted it back. This was in 1994.

It has been a labor of love ever since. The car has the original 289, now equipped with a four barrel, and a slightly hotter cam. We upgraded to a Tremec 5-speed (shoutout to Modern Driveline!), Wilwood disc brakes, a fuel cell, rear firewall, three point belts.... In around 2009, I had Mike Eisenberg do all the Shelby suspension mods he did for their vintage race cars. So, it has Koni shocks, boxed control arms, reinforced torque boxes, seam-welded firewall.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Auto part
Sky Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

#16 · (Edited)
Car was purchased in 2008 for my son's 16th B-Day. He discovered girls so it sat my garage for another 9 years till I decided to do something with it. Just finished this summer, it has original 289 4V A code, with mild cam, Doug Thorley headers, Edelbrock intake man, and Ed carb., Tilt-away steering wheel. deluxe interior, upper and lower consoles, original deluxe seat belts refurbished, numbers matching, GT hood style, upgraded original A/C to Vintage Air, upgraded stereo and 6x9's, 1 1/8 front sway bar, lowered 1" in front with new the springs, subframe connectors, 1968 Eleanor Glass Pak dual side exhaust. Vintage Burgundy with era correct white Shelby stripes.

I have really tried to use all original hardware, keeping the original era correct signature.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.