Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Responded to an ad for Mustang parts that was posted on Craigs list on Christmas Eve Afternoon.

Who is shopping for Mustang parts at that time????

Anyway, went by, picked up some good stuff, but he said it had to be gone by Wednesday, as he was moving, and had sold the house. Among the items I passed on was a "rebuilt" V8 C4 with bell and spacer plate. Not really into automatics, and there was no paperwork.

Called back yesterday to get a few more things, and he told me it all had been sent to the dump, including the transmission and the rear end. Not even recycled, just into the landfill.

Total time was less than 2 days, including Christmas, on CraigsList before it was dumped.

Probably the worst timed ad I have ever seen.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Unfortunately that is sometimes just how things fall for someone. I had a similar experience as this seller last christmas. I was living and working in Tampa, while my wife and kid were living in Gainesville waiting on our house there to sell so we could afford a home in Tampa. I got a contract on my home in Gainesville a week before we went to TN for Christmas. I ended up throwing a complete 68 200 engine and a rebuilt C4 trans out simply because I had no room in my truck to move them, and no one answered the craigslist posting that could be there on the 27th, the day I was moving my stuff so I could close on the 28th. I had a strict deadline I had to meet for the sale.

It was only after I moved that I learned that I moved 6 big boxes of crap for my wife that she tossed when we got to our new house. Could have kept the motor and trans no problem with out that crap on the truck.

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,019 Posts
Like my dizzy tells me, timing is everything.... :p

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I've had hit/miss from craigslist. I'm trying to get rid of my c4 for some extra cash. I saw a guy wanting one and the bell, responded...no answer for a week. I've been trying to sell my 5-string bass for months now, and no hits. Well, except spam email.

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
Well, it happens here too on the VMF for sale section. How many times have you've seen somebody post....Friday afternoon, then reports Sunday that it's on Ebay. WTF??

I've had my 84 Mustang Convert on Craigslist for 2 months now. Only 2 people have come by to look. However when I had my phone number in the ad, some crack-addict called up at 2 AM. And there is the never ending idiots trying to get me to post on their favorite For Sale place. I wonder if they ever saw that Craigslist can charge them $25.00 per person that they solicite this to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts