Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These crate motors come with bottom crank sepentine belt pulley and reverse flow water pump without pulley. Then I need the pulley for the alternator and idler and maybe the tensioner. Summit, Yearwood, and March do not have anything. What have you guys done?

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I got the following answers on serpentine, so I decided v-belts were easiest:

a. "why not look in a salvage yard?"
b. "can't take them off a good engine...would reduce its resale value..."
c. repeat a and b above an infinite number of times. If you break out of the do loop, consider the internet as a source. Interet results below in d and e.
d. " What do you want for $200? I'm sorry I only have two of the parts you need! Why not try a salvage yard for the rest?"
e. "I knew a guy who found these at a swap meet last week. Too bad the swap meet doesn't meet for 51 more weeks!" Have you tried March Performance?"

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
March has a serpentine kit for reverse rotation waterpump but it retails for $580. I bought someone else' project car, and he had already invested in this kit, but I did not like the way it is set up. I pulled the stock GT40 waterpump and timing cover and went with a high flow standard rotation unit and a timing cover that would let me have a dipstick. So far I am only running an alternator so I went with the March billet kit for $380. Sold the other kit on obay for $400. Buyer got a good deal and I broke even.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts