Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to switch to a serpentine belt system (March or whatever). They require a reverse-rotation water pump. I'm getting a new pump, anyway, so no biggie.

Problem is, the pump inlet moves from the pass side to the driver side.

I have the "big block" radiator in my car, which is what you got when you had factory air in a small block. But, the outlet is on the pass side.

Is there a hose that is made to go from RH rad outlet to LH pump inlet?

Is the standard WP inlet on big block cars on the driver's side? Would a big block (made for a car that actually has a big block in it) radiator have the driver's side outlet?

Am I making any sense?

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
You dont need to go reverse rotation. Just buy the March billet adjustable alternator bracket and their Street Rod pulley kit. Not sure what accessories you're running, but it works great for crank/water pump/alternator.

http://www.ssstangs.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10043/IMG_1129.JPG

http://www.ssstangs.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10043/IMG_1128.JPG

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have alt, PS, AC, no fan. March's serpentine conversions (at least the one I like) require a reverse rotation WP, as best I can tell.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
onegreedy67 said:
dats some expensive pipe! !

just flip your radiator over and had the cap on the bottom

LOL :lol:

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
A radiator shop should also be able to move the lower outlet to the other side. That would be the cleanest looking solution.

I think they switched the outlet to the driver's side in 1970, so using a '70 radiator is another option, but I'm not sure if it's a bolt in.

Having a tube made by a muffler shop is probably the cheapest option.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
onegreedy67 said:
dats some expensive pipe! !

just flip your radiator over and had the cap on the bottom
LOL #2!

I'm considering buying two lower hoses and a union and just splicing them together. Maybe I can browse the parts house hose selection and find two that will make up one that fits. I've had to do that on heater hoses, before - when I needed special bends that were too sharp for straight hose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts