Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To give you all some background, I have a 66 C4 GT A code Coupe that's at my friend's body shop (but they mostly do insurance work) and I had a post here yesterday : "at a crossroad... advise?" . I was told to ask here if any of you know of any good body shops that specialize in old cars, mostly to see if it was worth restoring. Any leads you can provide would be helpful, Thanks in advance

G

·
0 Posts
I would talk to, or better yet drive your car to Mustang Brothers (in San Bruno near SFO) or Mustang City of Belmont (on El Camino). Both places to repairs as well as sell parts, and I have had good experiences with both. They should have the scoop on the local shops, and might be able to evaluate your car themselves. A long time ago ('93) I had my shock towers replaced by Mustang Ranch in San Jose. I don't know what they are like now, but back then they had a warehouse full of cars they were repairing. I hope this is of some help. IMHO, don't give up on the car, since you might not ever be able to justify buying another now that you know just how much time and $ it takes to keep one going./forums/images/icons/wink.gif

68 coupe - Soon to be daily driver (I hope!)

·
Registered
759 Posts
Depends on how much work you need done. Most body shops usually take insurance work. If you live in S.F. you can stop by and check out my car. If you like the job I can refer you to somebody on Mission St.
[email protected]

·
Registered
655 Posts
I agree with the previous post. It depends on what you want to spend. There are a few places like Golden West in Hayward or Mustangs Only in San Jose that will do a complete restoration of the car. They are on the high side, but will do the complete car. I would want to be near the car, so I can check on it frequently. Mustang Magic in Fremont would be the place for me since I live there. He also does great work.

69 Fastback <== Still Not Complete After 4 Years
66 Fastback 6cyl, 3 speed <== Collecting Parts for a 5.0 EFI conversion

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the ideas, I will go talk to those guys. By the way, some guys and I want to get together on Saturday June 23 at Westlake mall. If you'd like more info. let me know. once again, Thanks.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I'd like to do that. I live in Daly City. Are you going to the Mustang Plus show this Saturday in Stockton? or maybe our meet at Westlake on Sat. 6/23?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the leads. Maybe one day all meet all you guys, you have been very helpful. I'm glad I found this place.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Great Question, I too am pondering where to take my 69 to have it repainted. I am in Livermore and all of these places are close to home. Now I just have to go out and do some pricing.

Terry

69 Grande Coupe
00 GT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts