Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you buy just the shackle mount bracket that welds to the rear frame rail for 64 1/2 convertible? If so anyone have the name of a supplier? Thanks

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
Are you looking for the rear portion of the frame rail? If so, any Mustang supply shop sells that section of frame rail. It's not hard to replace. It's very common for them to rust out where they have the doubler on the inside near the mount for the rear spring hanger eye. I had to replace both of mine.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Incorrect wording of post

Actually I asked this question incorrectly. What I need is the bracket that the rear leaf springs slide into and the bracket is welded on to the side of the rear rail toward the front of the car NOT the shackle end.

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
Sounds like you're talking about the rear torque box area. You have to buy the entire torque box to get what you're after. Here's the best picture I could find of a rear torque box. That's the frame rail you see heading out the left side of the picture. This is looking at the bottom side of the torque box.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, that's the part that I was referring to. Was hoping I could just replace the bracket but guess I will have to replace also. Thanks for your help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts