Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ... I ponied up $1059.00 at Costco for a QuickJack 5000 to lift my 65 coupe. Good price, a nice savings. So I thought. The Bendpak website had the pinch weld blocks and the wall hangers so I ordered those direct. The wall hangers came in 3 days, but the blocks are BACK ORDERED and continue to be so even after 3 emails to "customer service" who sent me an "apology" that is basically Go pound Sand, we'll ship them when we're damn ready. I'm not waiting any more. This week I'm hauling the stuff 90 miles to my closest Costco for a refund. I can use the 1000 bucks for other stuff like my new wheels and tires. I guess the old saying, "caveat emptor" is true.

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Here, you can have them by Friday. Cut a groove in them if desired with a band saw. FWIW, I've lifted hundreds of cars on two post, single post and undercar lifts with rectangular rubber blocks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rotary-Lift-3-Rubber-Stack-Blocks-Auto-Lift-or-Rolling-Jack-FJ2428-Set-of-4-/191720287893?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

Returning the lift because of a backordered accessory component is a "cutting off your nose to spite your face" move. Once you use it, you'll wonder how you ever got along without it. I miss my lift every time I turn a wrench.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
It's the summer season and it's a slow boat from where this stuff is made. I'd return it a buy a scissor lift or better, but not everyone has the room.

Chill!

Attachments

·
Registered
553 Posts
It's the summer season and it's a slow boat from where this stuff is made. I'd return it a buy a scissor lift or better, but not everyone has the room.

Chill!

Dude! Where’d you get the scissor lift from? I have not come across a scissor lift like yours that lifts so high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Dude! Where’d you get the scissor lift from? I have not come across a scissor lift like yours that lifts so high.

Mine is an older Challenger lift not made over there. Search 6000# mid rise scissor lift. Pick your favorite color, Challenger Red, Bend Pac Blue, or Generic Black. Most likely same stuff with different paint. I think mine has a 49-51" lift?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Mine is an older Challenger lift not made over there. Search 6000# mid rise scissor lift. Pick your favorite color, Challenger Red, Bend Pac Blue, or Generic Black. Most likely same stuff with different paint. I think mine has a 49-51" lift?

Nice, I’ll hit up a quick search. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts

·
Registered
2,958 Posts

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
^^^^I don't see the point either unless it were for ease of installation or portability or maybe because of the slab. The 2 post needs to be anchored and it will take up space when not in use, unlike the scissor that vanishes when you park on top of it.
They look fine for the peripheral stuff but for doing a transmission or such they look impossible to fully work around. If you need to lift as high as some of those go you must be doing something more than suspension and oil changes.

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Thanks. I am stuck with an 8ft ceiling :notamused:
The scissor lifts work great for low ceilings. We had one in a shop that had a very low 7'6" ceiling section. Did lots of brake, suspension and other mechanical work on that lift. Transmission work was not impossible, but a PITA. For the price, they are hard to beat.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
The scissor lifts work great for low ceilings. We had one in a shop that had a very low 7'6" ceiling section. Did lots of brake, suspension and other mechanical work on that lift. Transmission work was not impossible, but a PITA. For the price, they are hard to beat.
Agreed. One advantage of a portable lift is you can take out on the driveway to do power washing and such. Working in the middle of car is a pain but most things are possible. Pulling the transmission without the engine ain’t going to happen on a Mustang.

No lift is perfect.

·
Registered
8,901 Posts
Would not want to do an exhaust system with that "Scissor Lift".... It seems that it would be very space constrictive as far as trying to work on the mid-section of the car..

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Registered
553 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Why get that one when the same company has two post lifts for as little as half the price? I've never seen a scissor lift on any of the car shows; I see two post lifts all the time. Not trying to be argumentative, just wanting info.
I don't have the width in my 3-bay garage for a two-post lift that intrudes into another bay or bays. The scissors lift fits nicely into a single bay.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I have a Dannmar SX-6XL mid-rise lift and love it, and the ceiling height is 9 foot. I bring up the car to the second stop and that is as far up as I can go otherwise I'll hit the ceiling with the car roof trying to get it off the 3rd stop as you have to go up about 3-4" to clear the stop. I bought this directly from Dannmar and it included free shipping, but you'll need some friends when it comes off the truck as it weighs 800 lbs.

As far as doing tranny or exhaust you could always build some wood tire cribs and lower the car onto them. The ones pictured were at Good Guys and about 18" tall, and the shop said they have ones that are 30" tall.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK you guys. I calmed down, sent them a pointed email with a firm deadline and Voila! They shipped the blocks yesterday FedEx. So I'll be lifting Diane soon.
... I like to blow off steam. It clears up the blood. 😜

1 - 19 of 19 Posts