Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the chance of buying a shaker from a 69/70 torino cobra the guy got it yrs ago and doesnt remember what motor it came off can i use it on a 70 boss mustang.thanks javed

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
completely different animal - the shape of the scoop itself is quite a bit different than the standard scoop. The midplate is also drilled differently and of course, the bases are different. It will bolt on to a Mustang but the shaker hood "hole" will have to be cut to conform to the torino shaped shaker.....

randy

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
The Torino Shaker Scoop comes to a point in the center, a BOSS or any Mustang Shaker is straight across the front. I don't know if the hoods are cut out the same way either. I know a BOSS Shaker is more than a couple average house payments, might be better off trying to find a 351W or 351C
unit to put on. I've seen many BOSS Cars with these other engine Shakers on them. Not correct, but they're not $2,000.00+ either. Flat hood BOSS Cars are nice too!!!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
The price of the Boss shaker is mostly in the base. The Boss 302 FAQ says that some Torino shaker bases can be substituted. The midplate and scoop would have to be replaced, but having a base is a big start. I think the midplate is in repro (recent Mustang magazine), so putting the parts together might be workable. Do you have any of the dimensions of the base?

Carl

·
Registered
792 Posts
The Torino hood is also cut to a point to fit around the shaker. The trim rings and rubber seals are available.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont have any measurements yet i was hoping to use the base and the midplate add a repro shaker scoop to make it work on a 70 mustang.regards javed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts