Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 390 mach 1 that has a 428 cj installed. It came with a fiberglass hood and template, we cut out hole in hood and installed on car. When we went to install the shaker on the engine and the hood wont close because the shaker sits up to high. Whoever assembled this package put a eldenbrock performer rpm intake which sits to high. Does anybody know what my options are, really prefer to keep intake but dont know if i can. Shaker is an aftermarket so I could cut it at base, or would adjustable motor mounts work please any help would be appreciated. thanks. Devan Dotson

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Is your intake a performer 390 edelbrock? If so that intake should be dead nuts to a stock height intake. I would say your issues are in the fiberglass hood or the shaker. My guess is your shaker base is for a 302 or a 351 car. Post some pictures of your base.

·
Registered
10,793 Posts
jadeezra said:
Whoever assembled this package put a eldenbrock performer rpm intake which sits to high.
Thats your problem. The RPM intake is too high....

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Remember that shaker bases were different heights depending on the engine so that the shaker would sit at the same height in the hole on all cars.

Might have some room to adjust with a different base.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
The performer RPM will sit back to the fire wall too far. I'm not sure about height because the RMP will not even fit in the hole in the hood.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts