Vintage Mustang Forums banner

121 - 140 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Sigh....I suppose y'all have helped me enough I should reply.

I am NOT shy.

I am NOT afraid to have an audience.

I am a Gross over-achiever (explination later)

I was terrified of toilets into adulthood, now I can install, remove and repair anything on a commode..go figure.

I want to be respected for what I can do myself.

I left my husband for the car..seriously in a nutshell.

I am hearing impared...so I set out to prove I can do it as well as a 'normal' person...whatever 'it' is.

Lived 7 years in England.

I CAN cook and I like doors to be opened for me!! (i can burn things too)

I do not like anybody else to work on my car unless I'm learning something.

I can do construction..framing, drywall, texture, plumbing, electrical, finishing yada, yada...BETTER than I can work on cars. AND all by myself with no helper.

I workout in the gym LOTS.

Peeve: When somebody says with contempt "what CAN'T you do?"

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Well, what CAN'T you do??/ [said with extreme admiration!!!) Any lady that is a Mustang fanatic is truly a lady worth her weight in gold! Right SWMBO, Laurie, 1966FordMustang, tiggermom, et al?

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I really enjoyed reading all of these. Thanks guys. I could write a long list here but instead I'll leave you with this one.

I have a psycho ex-wife (10 years ago) that makes Satan look like a nice guy. To this day she stalks me and is obsessed with me to the point she follows me EVERYWHERE on the internet. She will read this post and print it out. She will spend several hours each week searching the internet for anything and everything I post about. Every time I post about a car I found, she reports me to the state that I had bought it and did not pay sales tax on it even though I'm only posting that I found it. She keeps count of the cars I post about and reports me to the DMV dealer licensing division claiming I bought them ALL and I am illegally selling these cars when I never owned 95% of them. She's even sat on VMF four hours trying to break into my password and HAS logged in as me to read my private messages (I've seen the print outs) No ****!

PS: Get a REAL life Jodi. LOL

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
dustyrelics said:
I really enjoyed reading all of these. Thanks guys. I could write a long list here but instead I'll leave you with this one.

I have a psycho ex-wife (10 years ago) that makes Satan look like a nice guy. To this day she stalks me and is obsessed with me to the point she follows me EVEYWHERE on the internet. She will read this post and print it out. She will spend several hours each week searching the internet for anything and everything I post about. Every time I post about a car I found, she reports me to the state that I had bought it and did not pay sales tax on it even though I'm only posting that I found it. She keeps count of the cars I post about and reports me to the DMV dealer licensing division claiming I bought them ALL and I am illegally selling these cars when I never owned 95% of them. She's even sat on VMF four hours trying to break into my password and HAS logged in as me to read my private messages (I've seen the print outs) No ****!

PS: Get a REAL life Jodi. LOL
:/ :/ :eek:

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Wow dude, not sure if anybody here can top that one!!!

On a serious note, for all involved, the psycho thing only applies to you right, ie, the effect won't be spread to others here on this thread?

I have a fraternity brother who is dating a girl whose aunt and uncle were the real life basis for the Amityville horror. I don't want to get into any religious topic here, but suffice it to say she says it was real, and when I met them for dinner one time in D.C., and the topic came up, she said she wouldn't even tell any real life stories about it because if she did, weird stuff would start happening there in the D.C. apartment.

The point of that story is this, if your ex is as evil as you claim, does the fact that you told a story about her to the rest of us mean that the effect will ripple to us? Did you pass us your kooties?

N

·
0 Posts
Dusty good thing you didnt have kids with her or I bet you would really be hating life. Seriously though I bet she was the best in.....uh I better stop right there :p

·
Registered
502 Posts
I was personally involved in an event that set off a supposed retaliation killing (Pan Am 103).

I hung out with Jermaine Jackson (and his oldest sister, Reby) in Bahrain, by the pool.

I drove Vice President Dan Quayle (and his wife) around Pascagoula, MS.

I love to play guitar.

I scuba dive.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
napaguy said:
Dusty good thing you didnt have kids with her or I bet you would really be hating life. Seriously though I bet she was the best in.....uh I better stop right there :p
Umm.... two kids with the nut. They both think she is insane too.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I've a bit of OCD.

I coach wideouts and TE's for an NCAA D2 college. The OCD helps me spot and correct the mistakes. haha

Unfortunately, the OCD makes me an annoying back seat driver. :p

EDIT - I never proposed to my wife - just kinda happened. haha Oddly enough - today is my 13th anniversary too! :)

·
Registered
787 Posts
I use to have a large collection of stand up arcade videogames in my basement 16-20 at one time. I have owned over 60 different games. I use to buy broken games and fix them up to sell and buy more games. It is very addictive just like owning a mustang. :p Only not as expensive.

~ Jon

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
LOL, I would not doubt it one bit. You've been warned. :)

·
1964 1/2 Convertible - 260 V8 C4 Automatic, Power Top, Console, 4 Wheel Drums
2,697 Posts
Hope its not too late to chime in...

I am a huge R.E.M. fan. Probably have one of the biggest collections of vinyl, bootlegs, singles, collectors items, etc. from that band. http://www.svs.com/rem

I have two younger half-brothers who I never see because their idiot mother told them I am evil. I miss them.

I can solve a Rubiks cube in 2 minutes - no matter how you mess it up.

I have a mini Oak Tree (Quercus) arboretum in my yard.

I am the luckiest guy in the world to have a wonderful wife, and the cutest little 3 month old boy.

-Zim

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Zim64half,

I used to live in Atlanta. One of the band members brought me that turquiose 66 T-bird that they used in one of the videos and abandoned it at my shop. Stayed there for about 2 years before I finally got rid of it, but in the glovebox was Michaels driver's license from Ga. I had it around somewhere but don't know where it is now.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
  • I quit a six-figure healthcare management job to buy a towing business. With two master's degrees, I am perhaps the most educated tow truck driver in the country.
  • My first kiss with my wife was when we were 12.
  • I am 9 inches taller and 115 lbs. heavier than my father. My brother is almost as big. When asked (only in certain company) how he had boys so big, he says he planted us deep. :blush:
  • I have never been snow skiing.
  • Here's the weird one: I haven't worn underarm deodorant since 8th grade, and I don't have BO. That's about the time I realized that my armpits don't sweat. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
jmoffett said:
[*]Here's the weird one: I haven't worn underarm deodorant since 8th grade, and I don't have BO. That's about the time I realized that my armpits don't sweat. :crazy:
[/list]

I must admit, I am VERY impressed with the variety of answers to this question! :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well,

I better throw in my lttle bit too,

*I'm 2 semesters from graduating from ISU in Mechanical engineering

*I'm currently working a 8 month job doing design engineering for Altec Industries.

*I LOVE Bow hunting, come fall I will dissapper into the woods on weekends and weeknight evenings to chase whitetails.

*I am currently finishing up work on a 1955 F-250 that I worked on for 1 1/2 years while taking classes, I'm keeping it pretty stock and I have to finish bodywork on the box and paint the box and a few other odds and ends.

* When I get my truck done I will probably need to sell it to pay my loan on a 1968 Fastback that I just got but haven't seen yet. My dad found it, and got it, and hauled it home and stashed it in the shed and told me I can't touch it until I finish my truck, I'm driving 440 miles one way this next week to check it out and use my dad's shop to paint my box.

* I enjoy fly fishing in the mountains.

* I like being on the water and I have been known to pull a catamaran with a 23 foot mast to the lake with my 67 mustang that has a factory hitch many times. Yes, I almost cause accidents from people rubbernecking, and I love it.

-Scott

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
OldMil said:
jmoffett said:
[*]Here's the weird one: I haven't worn underarm deodorant since 8th grade, and I don't have BO. That's about the time I realized that my armpits don't sweat. :crazy:
[/list]

I must admit, I am VERY impressed with the variety of answers to this question! :)
The way I see it, if it's not just a little bit weird, it's not very interesting. ;) Remember, normal people are those you just don't know very well.

121 - 140 of 178 Posts