Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the 70 Mach 1 out for some fun the other day . The weather was spectacular for January, so I took her for a twirl. I noticed that when I was stopped at an intersection and went to pull out, the rear end seemed to almost lock up as I turned. I tried it a few times to make sure it wasn't a case of just not remembering what it feels like to grab pavement with horsepower. It only would happen if I applied accelerator as I was turning sharply on to the roadway. I hear no unusual noise coming from the rear at any other time. BTW, when the problem occurs I let up on the gas and finish the turn then I apply the throttle. The rear is an "open" 3.00 with the original FMX and 351 W 2v9Yes it is the original motor). Any idea what the problem may be? Rear end has never been touched since it kleft the factory in 1969. I have pressed new axle bearings many moons ago. BTW no leaks apparent from the rear. I keep the car on a lift with drip pans. No signs of fluids.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I bet one of those axle bearings is bad. Years ago my right side wheel did the same thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts