Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to everyone who made suggestions. As it turned out, I was lacking an essential wire from the coil to the ignition switch. As a result, the carb was just pouring gas into cylinders which then saturated the cylinders and leaked down into the crankcase. With a quick oil change (and a few hours to allow the gas fumes to evaporate), I was ready to crank her over. That engine roars!!! Now it's time to retighten everything and tidy up that jumble of wires in my engine compartment! I love it when things finally go my way!

Deathman68

·
Registered
977 Posts
You might want to change the oil and filter again. My mom and us kids were down in Ohio years ago and the the fuel pump blew on our 78 T-bird dumping gas into the crank case. The shop said they changed the oil but who knows if they did or not. Three months later it was a rod knocker 302.
Brent

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
bet it made you feel good to find it - that's the only way you learn about your car. now you have learned that a coil needs voltage to fire a spark plug. VMF provides you direction from a large pool of experience and no one thinks your questions are stupid. its also nice to post your successful results.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts