Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving my Vert on a little two lane road..I see coming towards me a '67-68..I can never tell them apart..Its a GT 500 Vert..gorgeous in dark green..we are both going about 25 MPH..I toot my horn and give him a thumbs up..the snob never even looked at me..what a crumb..

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Next time run him off the road. He'll take notice then(haha).

69 Mach 1 427 Windsor

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
Dontcha just hate when they git all uppity like that? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

He was prolly having trouble keeping it on the road and had to concentrate real hard. Or maybe he exhaust was so loud that he had been deafened. Or maybe it was hard for him to see anything with his head up there where the sun don't shine.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Fastbacks only in 67. Next time you could try a different finger...

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
OK here are some possible reasons

He was hard of hearing
He didn't see you
He was listening to his SWMBO
His car doesn't drive good and was trying to stay off your side of the road ,,OR
He was a snob HEHEHE

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I guess he would never set foot around a corn feed eh... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
I thought that's the way all you East Coast people acted, irregardless of anything you might have in common.

He was just living up to the region's reputation of hospitality ;-)

-bob

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
C'mon, don't go lumping all of us New Englanders in with the rest of the East Coasters! (Teebone lives in Connecticut, but he's really a transplanted New Yorker, so he doesn't count <grin>)

We're actually a very warm-hearted bunch who wave at all classic car owners. Unless we're driving a Shelby. Or a Corvette. Or too busy burning a witch. Hmmm, OK, point taken.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Yikes!! I felt the recoil from that shot clear down here... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
0 Posts
But Teebone, you have friends; you're used to thumbs up...

/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Couldn't have been a clone of Bob, he said the guy was DRIVING his Shelby!

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
Bob,
That was'nt very nice to say about us here on the east coast. Us VMFers here in northwest NJ really are a nice bunch of guys. Just put us at a Mustang show & we will show you just how nice & polite we can be. Don;t go lumping us in with the rude snobs.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Nah...that's just a misconception....I know a few Shelby owners and they are some of the coolest people I know.

Maybe this guy is a Novice owner or something.....

Some uppity people forget that the Shelby mustang was born as a Mustang.

go figure

G

·
0 Posts
hey,HEY,im a shelby owner[65 350]and im not like that at all,I AM NOT,I AM NOT,I AM NOT.
just kidding,if ita a mustang im into it. this hobby is as much about the people as it is about the cars
ive had my car 20+ years and it seems some of the newer owners[shelby] have the big d---k problem
going on,anyway you look at it ,its still a mustang!
Dave

1 - 19 of 19 Posts