Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished welding in the bottom of the new tail light panel today & came across some date stamps, & need some help deciphering them. The l/s reads ZBL 10 28W3, & the r/s reads ZBR 11 6 W8. I believe the L in ZBL means l/s, & the 10 & the 28 are the month & day the part was stamped, am I correct?. What do the rest of the numbers & letters mean? The body buck tag build date code is 25L. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry it is a 69 Coupe.

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any help on the date code stamps?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I was hoping someone knowledgeable would chime in.

Best info I found when trying to decode mine is here:
FoMoCo.org - Date codes

Some sample codes from my 65 fastback with a 10/29 build date on the door tag:
10 5 3C
10 14 6B
10 21 2B
10 23 D3

·
Registered
734 Posts
ZB is a Mustang Body Part Code. L and R are designations for Left and Right Sides. 10 28 W3 means October 28, Wood Haven 3rd shift. The 11 6 W3 is November 6 Wood Haven 3rd shift. Rarely have a I ever seen anything higher than a 3rd shift. I believe you are seeing a 3, not an 8. Woodhaven, Connecticut was a Metal Stamping Plant. The Date Codes can really mean any year , unless it is a Year Specific Part. This goes back all the way to 1964 1/2 Mustangs.

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ZB is a Mustang Body Part Code. L and R are designations for Left and Right Sides. 10 28 W3 means October 28, Wood Haven 3rd shift. The 11 6 W3 is November 6 Wood Haven 3rd shift. Rarely have a I ever seen anything higher than a 3rd shift. I believe you are seeing a 3, not an 8. Woodhaven, Connecticut was a Metal Stamping Plant. The Date Codes can really mean any year , unless it is a Year Specific Part. This goes back all the way to 1964 1/2 Mustangs.
Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts