Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, latest problem, installing a shelby trunk lid on my 68 & the end caps are will not line up to accept the trunk lid , the 1/4 panels look like I will have to elongate the holes for the mounting bolts on the end caps. also the trunk lid sits higher when closed than the original did, so do i have to build up on the 1/4s with bondo? or is there a more sane solution.

G

·
California Special lids will fit coupes, and shelby lids will fit fastbacks (except for the convertible '68 shelbys). The endcaps should fit into your quarters close to nice if you have a coupe, but it depends if your stang is a FB or coupe. FB might have a tendency to have the endcaps not fit right.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
The after market and original caps and trunk lid never did fit very well. Need a glass man to help you out with fit

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the car is a convertible, soon to be a kr clone,hehehehehe

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
you think the lid sets to high now..... wait till you re-install the wheather stripping! Try lowing the hinges 1st... you may have to add glass to the bottom side of the outter edges of the deck..then sand/grinde down the top side.... The end caps are all but worthless.... I added more glass and mud to mine than they came with!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts