Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy a shelby styled decklid for my 67 fastback, I plan on keeping my stock taillights.

My question is: Will the shelby decklid fit with my stock taillight panel? like could I just bolt the new decklid on and be good?

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
Somewhere I saw one posted the other day. Looked pretty good, but I think it left a small gap around the edges where the 'glass tail light panel to hold the Cougar lenses was left out.

·
Administrator
13,017 Posts
Be ready to do some/a lot of work to get it to fit. Fiberglass fitment is not an exact science so don't be surprised when you get it.
Stan

·
Registered
759 Posts
It will bolt right on in place of your stock decklid and there's no gap or other issues with the taillight panel, BUT, as noted, fiberglass takes a lot of tweaking to get it to look good and fit right. Don't forget you'll need the quarter end caps to match the decklid...

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I think it looks pretty good with the stock tail lights and rear panel. That's the way I went with mine and I'm happy but it did take a little work to get the gaps good. Here are a couple pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts