Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did it, I dropped the control arms, down. Yes I used the template. So my question is will this be worth it? The engine is still at the shop and I need to get new springs. How many have done this?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Yes its worth it!
You'll notice more grip in the corners because your suspension will have less positive camber in the corners. Don't expect it to outhandle a Porche though, its an improvement not a miracle.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
Well I got new rear springs, a 1" front anti-sway bar and a 3/4" rear bar, as well as the Shelby drop and new shocks (just Monroes) all about the same time and the car handles so much better it is hard to believe it is the same car - I also upgraded to a dual master cylinder.

It takes very little effort to corner, since you are from Utah I can give some comps for you, taking the 9th South exit off of I-15 I use to get quite nervous because the car drifted a lot and wallowed in corners (more the shocks and sway bars probably), now I sort of thnk about the corner and barely twich the wheel and it zips right through (also very flat), I would guess I can comfortable go through that corner about 12 to 15 miles per hour fast than before - at least ten. If I had better tires it would be almost like a modern car. I know the sway bars are a big part of the change, but the car responds to corrections so much better now i have to think the Shelby drop is making a big difference as well.

I haven't tried any salomn type driving yet, but I can say when I transition between my modern car and this one I no longer have to completely reprogram all of my driving habits.

Have fun (when you get it all back together)!

John Harvey

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Got a 6fb with a negative wedge kit from ProMotorsports with 620 springs and KYB gas shocks and 5 leaf mid-eye . Rides a little rough but lots of fun to drive and corners much better .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts